At Edward Baumann Clothiers, fit is everything. That includes custom jeans. From fabric to buttons, from shape to number of pockets—every detail is evaluated to a T because it is that important.
There is no other piece of clothing in the world that people love and cherish more than jeans. Since 1873 when jeans were first invented by Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss, men and women alike have tried to find a perfect fit for everyday life or as a fashion statement.
You can wear jeans almost everywhere today, but it wasn’t always like that.
The History of Blue Jeans
We were curious about the History of Jeans, so we did a little digging around about your favorite garment through the years. Did you know that:
- No one would say that wearing jeans nowadays is rebellious. It wasn’t like that in the 1950s, though. Blue jeans were considered a rebellious statement against the status quo.
- Approximately 450 million pairs of jeans are sold in the United States every year. (Of course, most of them are off-the-shelf, not custom jeans.)
- Statistically, every American owns seven pairs of blue jeans on average.
- When blue jeans were worn by factory workers, they had zippers on the front for men and zippers on the side for women.
- The very first label ever attached to a piece of a clothing was a red flag that was sewed next to the back pocket of Levi Strauss’ jeans.
- No one will be surprised by ripped jeans today. People of all ages wear them as a fashion statement. That wasn’t always the case. Ripped jeans prior to the 1970s were a result of overwearing. They were mainly associated with misfortune. Times change!
No matter what style of jeans you chose, the bespoke tailor at Dallas’ Edward Baumann Clothiers and we will make you a pair of beautifully fitted custom men’s jeans. You may want to check out our custom-made men’s suits, too.If you have any questions, please contact us online or give us a call at (972) 954-2089. to ask any questions about custom-made suits and jeans in Dallas.